Thursday, March 6, 2014

More nail wheel overflow

This is another (almost-)full nail wheel - most or all of this is stuff I got in January.
  1. Katherine (Zoya)
  2. Silver Glitter (Barry M LE)
  3. Show Stopper (Sinful Colors)
  4. Afterparty (Icing)
  5. Intergalactic Space (Orly) (1 coat)
  6. As Long As You Love Me (Essence Beauty Beats)
  7. Miss Universe (Essence Colour & Go) (3 coats)
  8. Glitter All the Way (China Glaze) (3 coats)
  9. (blank)
  10. Chita (Zoya)
  11. Chupacabra (ModLacquer)
  12. Goblin (ModLacquer)
  13. Darkest Emerald Luxe (Rococo)
  14. Agro (China Glaze)
  15. Rags to Riches
  16. Fall Mood (Colorstay)
  17. Gossamer (
    Jin Soon) 
    over Stone Cold Karma and Chita
  18. Stone Cold Karma Luxe (Rococo)
  19. Rich Raspberry (Colorstay)
  20. Purple Poodle (Orly)
(detail under the jump)
1-4:

(I always manage to stick my finger in the wet polish at least once on every wheel. Here I did it right off the bat, on #1.) This is (L-R) Katherine, Silver Glitter, Show Stopper, and After Party. Katherine came from the Zoya promo and the rest of these are from Holly's blog sale. Katherine is a jelly, one of the three from the Zoya Gloss collection; it looks sort of raisin-ish on its own but really looks great layered with stuff. Barry M Silver Glitter would probably make a great center for a jelly sandwich, actually - I'll try to remind myself to try it! When I googled Silver Glitter looking for swatches, I found that it was a limited edition sold only at Boots stores in the UK, which is kind of cool. (This is actually my very first Barry M polish. After Party is my first Icing, too. I'm still at the point where I have lots of "firsts" like that, though - I'm just now branching out off of the major US brands, really.) Show Stopper is a pink glitter in the sort of Strobe Light/Teenage Dream mode, I think. (Hmm, somebody needs to do some comparisons of pink glitters. Surely somebody has already!) After Party is odd but very interesting - basically shredded pieces of flakie stuff of mixed colors in a clear base. After Party is actually a really appropriate name for it - I doubt that it's something I'll wear a lot but it's neat to have!

4-8:
This is Intergalactic Space (1 coat), As Long As You Love Me, Miss Universe (3 coats), Glitter All the Way (3 coats). I'm pretty sure I swatched Intergalactic Space somewhere else with more than one coat - it filled itself in very nicely with 3 coats or so, although I'm sure it would also look good layered. Then we have the Bieber - Beauty Beats - polish, and Miss Universe, which Holly sold for 50 cents or something because she decided she didn't like it. (It's fine, it's just very sheer.) And then we have Glitter All the Way, which I have worn the heck out of for the last week or so because it's Mardi Gras colors. It was released as a holiday polish, and I actually suspect that it has a little bit of red in it somewhere, but if so it's so sparse it's almost invisible. All you see is purple, gold and green, most of the time.

10-13:
L-R, Chita, Chupacabra, Goblin, and Darkest Emerald Luxe. I'm sure you will see all of these greens again between now and the 17th. We have, respectively, a Pixie Dust, an awesome dark-green glitter, a duochrome, and a very expensive dupe for Miss Universe, one picture up. I am going to have to put those two next two each other and find out more definitely, but they look incredibly similar. It certainly doesn't look a bit emerald, that's for sure, although it might be just a tad greener than Miss Universe is. But not much.

12-15 (overlapping a bit):
The different angle lets you see the shifting colors in Goblin a little bit, at least. After Darkest Emerald we have Agro (which was a Hunger Games color) and Rags to Riches - from the Rimmel Lasting Colors, which seem to be disappearing from stores around here.

16-18:
I don't know what possessed me to do this weird half-and-half nail - well, that's not true, I wanted to see what Gossamer looked like over different colors, but you can't see much and so it just looks odd. This is Fall Mood on the left, Stone Cold Luxe on the right, and the aforesaid Gossamer experiments in the middle. Gossamer is - as its name would imply - a pretty, sheer thing (obviously sheer, since you can't see it) but in person I really like it. I liked both these nude-ish colors as well, somewhat to my surprise since they're not usually my thing. (I also liked the nude Lipstick Queen that came along with Stone Cold Luxe. I was even more surprised about that!)

19 and 20:
And then, since there was an empty space and my numbering was off, here are the last two, Rich Raspberry and Orly Purple Poodle. Purple Poodle is very strange, since it does look more purple in the bottle, but as you can see it goes on as a bright magenta. It does have scattered purple microglitter in it, but even that is hard to see.

(And I filled up the empty space with the manicure I'm currently wearing, but I'll have to show you that later when I get some decent light to take pictures with!)

No comments:

Post a Comment