Monday, April 14, 2014

Stashing the blues away

Yeah, the title is corny, so sue me. In any case, here's my blue stash:
Top row: Black and Blue, Liberty (textured), Sweet Peacock (metallic), Cabo Cruise, also underneath is an unnamed royal blue mini; then back up to Ice Hotel In Hell, Rid of Me, Montana Sky, Playmaker
Middle row: Mesmerize, Blue It, Indigo, Jordana's Skinny Jeans, Midnight Cami, Blackout, Intrigue, Shy
3rd row: Feifei, Charge It Up (magnetic),  Blueberry Fizz (texture), Alcatraz... Rocks (texture), Azure, Quick Jeanius, They're Heeeere!

(Note that I was attempting to go from slightly greenish at the top left to slightly violet-toned at the bottom right - that was my rationale in the way I arranged these. I'm not sure I got them all in the right place, and definitely it's hard to see that here. Definitely Black & Blue has greenish tones and Quick Jeanius I remember in particular as reading "blurple" on the nail. In between it gets a little more difficult.)

I'm not going to necessarily talk about every one of these, but I know I have things to say about some of them, at least - starting with Black & Blue up at the top left, which seemed like a weird color to me until I started thinking of the name as "Blackened Blue," then it made much more sense. The next three are all super-bright blues. I've heard people say they had staining problems with Liberty, but I did not - I'd just say make darn sure you have a good thick coat of base-coat on for any blue, and especially these bright ones. I haven't worn Sweet Peacock in so long that I'm not even sure about whether it stained or not. (Maybe it's time to wear that one again, because I do remember that it was really pretty.) But Cabo Cruise, the Fergie one - that one stained like a mother---er. Worst staining issues I've ever had, and it's possible I might never wear it again, I'm afraid to try it. But it's a really pretty color! so just be aware of that one.

Let's see, then after that we have just a whole lot of medium-to-dark blue glitters and cremes, and they're all really pretty, and I don't really have anything particular to say til we get down to Revlon Intrigue, the lighter one that's second-to-last on the 2nd row - I notice that it looks in this picture, at least, like it and Pacific Blue, down on the row below, are dupes in the bottle. So I guess I need to try that one out. (I went looking to see, and here's comparisons of Pac Blue with Mesmerize, which doesn't look anything alike in the bottle, and Pac Blue with several more blues that I don't have. I couldn't find any comparisons for Intrigue - my guess is that in actuality Intrigue is a duller blue.)

You may notice that Shy, next to Intrigue on the end of the middle row, stands out like a sore thumb because it's the only pastel. I just do not look good in pastels, medium blues are as pastel as I go any more. (Of course, what people call "pastels" half the time are what I call medium tones anyway. If I was going to go off on an Easter-season rant, it would be about how people's idea of the word "pastel" is way off - but I don't really think it's worth the energy.) The next-closest thing I have to a pastel is probably Blueberry Fizz, the Gumdrop texture down on the bottom row - as I recall it's actually a very pale silvery-blue and looks more silver than blue in a lot of lights.

Things in this picture I have never worn: the unnamed mini, Playmaker, Jordana's Skinny Jeans, Charge It Up, Azure. I need to get on the stick and wear these!


As those of you who follow me on Twitter may already know, I'm having computer issues - I'm writing this on my "backup" computer, my old one. I'm not sure if that means I'll post less or actually post more, because until it's fixed I'm cut off from most of my games. (This is the computer I retired because its graphics card was sucky and it wouldn't even render Rift properly, and that was two years of games ago, so I'm not even going to try it with the newer ones.) I think I'm going to go ahead and haul the XPS into the shop, though. I am too addicted to ESO now to go without it for long. (Plus we're already into the free month that came with the software, so it's going to waste as it stands!)

No comments:

Post a Comment