Wednesday, February 10, 2016

NOTD: Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel (semi-matte)

Maybe "sparkle-tastic" is just what a Hello Kitty polish ought to look like, come to think of it, but I felt like this one was a bit over the top for my taste. I dealt with that by using good old Sally Girl matte top-coat on it. (I only have the one tiny bottle of that stuff that I think I inherited from Karen; when it finally runs out I'm going to be very sad if it turns out it's not replaceable. It's a nice middle-of-the-road satin, really, but it seems very often to be just the finish I want.)

Anyway, here's the results:
I like it. It's just shiny enough. It still looks like a foil, but not quite so sparkle-tastic as the non-matte version. (It's also a bit darker in real life than it looks here.)

The details:
1 coat Instant Artificials
1 coat Bridge The Ridge
2 coats OPI Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel
1 coat Glitter Food
1 coat Sally Girl Matte Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment