Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sugar Plum Fairy, Grape Going

This is Julie G Sugar Plum Fairy, a texture, and SH Insta-Dri Grape Going:
Julie G did two rounds of textured polishes that I know of, the candy-colored set that I think came out in the spring (of whatever year that was, 2013 maybe?) and then a holiday collection, probably later the same year. As you might guess from the name, Sugar Plum Fairy is from the holiday set. I had been to Ohio and bought at least one of the first set for myself, but (since we don't have RiteAid in Texas and Julie G isn't available anywhere else) Karen sent me several more, including two of the holiday set. This one is probably my favorite. It's a nice blue-violet with sparkle. I like all the Julie G textures, really. Most of the polishes from the two "Gumdrops" sets are still available through the Jesse's Girl website (they make Julie G) - I'm a little surprised that they're still there, but actually the texture trend has proven to have more legs than most people thought, hasn't it?

Grape Going is a nice blue-to-purple duochrome. (On the nail wheel it looks strangely similar to Eternal Beauty, next to it. But we'll get to Eternal Beauty soon - let's just say for now that that's a bit deceptive.) It does not seem to be a current color - here's all the Insta-Dri colors on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment