Thursday, June 22, 2017

NOTD: Lengha (+ some stray purchases)

It seems a little fallish to wear in the middle of summer, but I went ahead and tried out Square Hue Lengha and I really like it a lot. Square Hue does a good shimmer, I've noticed that before.
I'm not seeing ridges in person, but they really show up in this picture. But then I don't really think this picture does this polish justice, quite honestly.

I went in the grocery store to pick up a prescription and ended up with a new lipstick (which I'm about to need) and a nail polish (which I didn't need, but hey, it was on sale):

I'd really like to start calling this lipstick by its French name, Beau Gosse, because its English name, Hunk, just seems like a stupid name for a lipstick. Although I looked up "gosse" - I did take French once upon a time so I knew "beau" - and it means roughly the same thing, it just sounds better. "Gosse" means "kid" and "beau" is the masculine version of "belle" so it's more like "good-looking boy." I know I'm overthinking this as usual but this is my third tube of this lip butter so I keep being reminded about it. (Added: I was poking around on Temptalia just now, and figured out that in fact I must not have been the only person who didn't like the name Hunk; the color is still available but it is now called Thunderstorm. This must have been a very recent change since I just bought this lipstick yesterday.)

I decided to try Buffalo Nickel out as an accent nail. (Lengha has silvery shimmer so I felt like they coordinated reasonably well.)
Since Buffalo Nickel covered up the much darker Lengha, I think it's pretty safe to say this is most likely a one-coater, or very close to it, at least. I feel like I have something fairly similar to this... but this has a nice antique feel to it and I can't think of anything else quite like that, so I doubt that this is really a dupe to whatever silvers I have. (If I figure out otherwise I'll come back and say so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment