Monday, September 24, 2018

Sew Psyched

This is Essie Sew Psyched:
If you were paying attention to what I said last week - and depending on exactly what you're seeing on your monitor right now - you may be thinking "but she said she was done with gray polishes!" I think of this as a gray-green but as you can see I swatched it with the greens. I would say it's a very unusual color but I think really it's not, so much. It's army-ish camo green, I don't think it's really as unusual as my brain wants to think it is. Besides, I even have another polish that's really close to the same color, and I'll show you that below. (I checked, and I swatched them together a couple of years ago, that's here.) Also that entry reminded me that this polish has some shimmer to it, which I'd forgotten about. It doesn't show up very well in this picture, for sure.

If you clicked over to that other entry above, it says that this is a current color, but apparently that is no longer true - I checked Essie's website. However, this is an older polish that was around for years and I suspect you might be able to find it around & about. (That is much less likely to be true of the one below.)

This is Square Hue Na Prikope:
Looks lighter than Sew Psyched, in this picture, but that wasn't true two years ago and unless one color or the other has faded or darkened since then, it's probably just the lighting being slightly different. (I may have to go dig these out and check!) This is from the Square Hue Prague collection, which was maybe four years ago, so that's why I think this one is likely to be more difficult to find. (And I think the name is the a street in the Prague shopping district - as I recall, I kept looking up the street names in these 2014 "Passport" collections from SH, and they were all places where you could shop, near as I could figure out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment