Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Lights Lacquer Zenon

I started to call Lights Lacquer a new-to-me brand - which it is - but it doesn't really feel new to me, because I was a big KL Polish fan. I think I have maybe around 40 polishes from KL Polish, which was also the creation of YouTuber Kathleen Lights - and Lights Lacquer is basically exactly the same, except with new colors. Lights Lacquer got underway last fall, I think? So coming up on a year ago. I had been watching as colors were released, and there were things I liked, but they're not cheap, and I was able to resist - until now! I still kept myself in control and only bought two polishes. I did a lot of looking at swatches and reviews before I decided, too.

When I say "exactly the same" I mean the bottles are about the same, the brush is the same, the formula is by all accounts basically the same, and it's still Kathleen who's developing the colors. It's just got a new name on it. Behind the scenes I'm sure things are different, but it's a very similar product. Since I really liked KL Polish, "exactly the same" is a good thing.

(As I understand it from what she said on her YouTube channel at the time, the reason for the change was that Kathleen had some partners that helped her fund KL Polish, and gradually they started overruling her on issues about the running of the business. She disagreed with them so strongly that she pulled out of that agreement and started over again, with Lights Lacquer, which she has sole control over.)


So here is one of the polishes I bought: Zenon. (Since this is already getting pretty long, I'll put the other polish up separately tomorrow.)

Zenon is from a new collection, Supernova:
(I didn't get this box because I didn't buy all three of them, but I thought it was super-adorable so I wanted to show you the picture.)

I did get a little flat promo piece, I assume because I did buy one of the polishes from the collection:

 Anyway, I really like this polish, as far as what I can tell from the swatches. The description on the website is a "fuchsia pearl with an ultra fine blue-violet holographic."
Both these swatches are Zenon, but the top swatch has matte top-coat. I just wanted to try it that way, too. The bottom one has top-coat on the tip only, but you really can't tell - or I really can't tell, anyway - where the top-coat ends.

And I just put it on my nails, so here's that too:
You can't see here how sparkly it is. Super pretty. (It seems to look considerably darker or lighter depending on the lighting. Compare the two pictures above!)



3 comments:

  1. Great read! The Lights Lacquer Zenon blog is captivating and insightful. Loved it! 💅✨ For Ecommerce Website Development Company in Delhi Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find the perfect educational fit for your child in 2024-25 with our curated list of top Schools Near Gaur City 2. Check admission availability, fees, and eligibility requirements today

    ReplyDelete