Saturday, October 12, 2013

Emerald and orange

(Sunday night)
I just put on Pixi Evening Emerald, and it occurs to me that I have a couple of other untrieds in the emerald family - they were among the colors I sort of had put by for fall. The others are Butter London Thames and Illamasqua Veridian. I might just wear them all in succession, as a sort of comparison. Evening Emerald is not what I'd really call an emerald - I think I may have mentioned that when I was showing the green nail wheel. BUT you could call it a blackened emerald, I guess. It's quite dark, but doesn't read as black at all, which is something I always like.

The Pixi bottle is really small - it's tall and skinny, almost like a Julep bottle, and probably is a comparable size, which makes it basically a mini. Which is okay if you know that's what you're getting. (I have gotten the impression that a lot of people don't, with Julep. See Miss Holly's rant about this on YouTube, for one.) Karen gave me the Pixi so I can't complain about the price, for sure! I rarely use up a full-size bottle - I can only think of maybe two or three things besides base and top coat that I have run through a whole large bottle of - but I always worry about running out on the small ones. Maybe we need an in-between size. Actually some companies seem to have quietly gone to .4 oz instead of .5 so I guess that's effectively what that is.


(Saturday - almost a week later!)
I'm taking a class so I haven't had time to obsess about my nails much this week. I sort of intended to do a different green once I took the Pixi off, as I mentioned above, but instead I decided to go textured. I put on Julie G Hot Cinnamon and then decided it was too red and sparkly and looked like Christmas - which is kind of weird since I'm pretty sure the last time I wore it I said it was too orange. Anyway, since this time I wanted more orange, I finally put a coat of Sugar Rush on top of it and was happy. Now it's red-orange.

Hmm, maybe I need a green texture. The only one I have is too pale to suit me! (That's Rock Candy, maybe I can try putting something darker underneath?)

Anyway, here's Sugar Rush with Hot Cinnamon underneath (and some wear I hadn't even noticed on my thumb!):

P.S. It's not as red as it looks here. I assume that's that blue shift I always complain about when I take pictures here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment