Sunday, October 6, 2013

Recent manis

I got busy with nail wheels (and, um, SWTOR and Diablo III and occasionally, work) and haven't posted lately about what I've been wearing. Here's what I'm wearing now  - it's blue-shifted as usual, though - it's more yellow than it appears:
That is a Revlon Chroma Chameleon color (Topaz, apparently, although that seems like a poor name for it to me*) -- and I have to say that I am enough of a child of the 80s that I can't type that sentence without getting "Karma Chameleon" stuck in my head. (In fact I was not a child of the 80s at all, I was in my early 20s in the early 80s and I was all into the New British Invasion music at the time. I still love all that music.)

That is FOUR coats - it's very sheer. I may try it next time over something else. It's got a really pretty finish but it cost $8.00 for a very tiny bottle and I'd definitely like to stretch it out a bit.

I also bought Gray's Anatomy (WnW Fastdry) and I tried it out before Topaz, but I had one of those issues where it didn't want to dry. I don't know if it was something where it was disagreeing with whatever basecoat I had on, or whether it was a humidity issue since I do live in the land of sky-high humidity. But it wouldn't set and I finally just took it off and did Topaz instead. I can tell you, though, that it's another very sheer one, just as much so as Topaz. I might put a base of some sort under it the next time I try, too.

Before that I wore yet another very sheer color on its own, and that was F*ck and Run. I think I did three coats plus Seche Vite, and it was still bugging me after that and I put another coat on top of the SV, finally. But I do like it by itself. In most lights it looked sort of coral-red, but it does have pink shimmer in it as well as orange, so it shifts very prettily.

Topaz is a bit chipped so I don't know what I'll do next - try Gray's Anatomy again? Something else entirely? I'm tempted to get into the things I've been saving for fall, especially since we finally had a real cool front last night.  (It's supposed to be 57 degrees tonight (57F, that is) - by our standards, that's fall.)

*Mini-rant:
First of all, I don't think of Topaz-the-color (or the stone) as being green at all - although I know there is more than one color of topaz. And second, the name of the color is written on the bottle in type so small that I couldn't even find it until I looked online and figured out what the name must be. It's written in the same tiny type that they list the ingredients in, you know? It was like reading an eye chart at the optometrist's office or something. Once I knew what the name was, then I looked at the bottle and went, oh, I see a word there that might be "topaz" - at least it starts with a T and maybe has 5 letters! Do they not want you to know the color names? Or do they just assume that everybody is 20 years old and has 20-20 vision? It's just a bit weird! (On reflection, a much more likely answer: they just don't care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment