Friday, May 15, 2015

NOTD: Black Metal Dahlia

OCC Black Metal Dahlia is a polish that I liked the look of a couple of years ago when I first saw it, but I had some idea it was discontinued at the time. So when I found it available at Nordstrom a few weeks ago, well, I had to order it.
(I was all excited earlier this year about Sephora Flash and their free shipping for $10 a year, but I tend to forget that Nordstrom's also has a large - and slightly different - selection of polish, and their shipping is free all the time.)

Anyway, not a great picture, as usual, but I like this a lot - it's the sort of blackened-red that I've been wanting to get my hands on for ages - but it still has that problem so many reds have: it chips. But considering that I washed my hair while I had it on, it didn't really chip too badly. I counted 3 smallish chips and some very slight tip-wear, most of which is not noticeable in the picture above.

I mentioned in the last entry that I'd had it on with TinC, before this, and that combination was a little less prone to chip. Travel In Colour did its usual thing and turned this into a really dark pink - it's really pretty. In fact I patched up the chips from last night when I wrote the paragraphs above, and put a coat of TinC on it again to help seal it up.


Oh! another thing: Karen e-mailed me today to say I'd won a prize in her big blogiversary drawing, and it was the Essies. So woo! She had a whole bunch of different prize packages and you could pick your three favorites. I don't remember whether I put the Essie one first or second or what, but I know that's one I especially was interested in since I love flakies and I don't have Shine Of The Times. So I'm excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment