Saturday, January 23, 2016

NOTD: Ice Hotel, In Hell

Seriously, that's it's name. This is an old Liquid Lacquer polish, and since Liquid Lacquer has gone to the great indie beyond, I feel free to post a picture that seems to have come from their website:
(Their website says they're "closed at the moment" but I'm pretty sure it's said that for a year or more. Come to think of it, that's almost the definition of a defunct indie polish - I've seen so many that say "We'll be back in a week or two!" or something to that effect. Although sometimes they really do come back, I have to admit.)

Anyway, this is a great and slightly insane polish. I bought it from a blog sale in 2014, I think; apparently it was a 2013 release (see here for a couple more of their polishes). As you can see above, it's a sort of icy cyan jelly with a variety of glitters: squares and circles, many sizes of copper, rose-pink, iridescent white, and some tiny bits that may be silver. It's reasonably opaque in three coats, partly because there's so much going on that you forget to look for any stray VNL. The glitter comes out without too much fishing.

I intended to post my own pictures, but I decided against it because they're terrible. Color-wise they look just like this. I don't think I got this much glitter density, but I got enough - even the big circles aren't hard to come up with. For the record, the polish did have that tendency to wear off on the tips, like many other jellies. It looked that way almost immediately, but I've had it on for three days now and it hasn't gotten much worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment