Wednesday, January 6, 2016

NOTD: Lake Louise

Actually this is Lake Louise plus Alpha Nail, but Alpha Nail is practically invisible here so I decided it didn't quite count.
I did flood my cuticles a bit but this is by no means the sloppiest manicure I've ever posted.

Square Hue describes Lake Louise as a frost. A frost! Who does frosts these days? I would honestly be happier with it if it was a nice shimmer or glass-fleck, or something, but on the whole, it's very well-behaved for a frost. It's not streaky and it only pulled a little bit. And it's a beautiful color. It's just dark enough to get past my aversion for pastels, too. (And as I mentioned before, it's actually a relatively close match to Pantone Serenity, the (co-)Color of the Year. Serenity seems slightly more periwinkle-leaning than this, though.)

And because you know I can't leave well enough alone, I put Alpha Nail on top, but since Alpha Nail is just tiny specks of blue, you can't see it unless you look very close. I can see it there if I look, but I doubt that anybody else will.


No comments:

Post a Comment