Monday, January 4, 2016

SquareHue "Hike Banff" collection

SquareHue's new theme for 2016 is Adventures - I'm not very adventurous these days but I got the first set and I do like it.
My ancient iPhone did not do a good job of focusing in on this, and everything's a bit fuzzy, but you can still get the idea. The blue of Lake Louise, the green of the Lodgepole Pine, and the peachy tan of the canyon.

Lake Louise is actually very close to Serenity, which is one of the Pantone (co-)colors of the year - along with a pink, Rose Quartz. It's a fairly pale blue but it's nice and shimmery, and I think it's beautiful and hope it will be flattering on me. (Because as I've said many times, pastels and I do not get along, in general.) Lodgepole Pine is a dark green, which they call a creme but I think may have a slight shimmer to it. SquareHue has been known to slip some shimmer into their cremes before. Anyway, it's a lovely color either way. And Johnston Canyon is absolutely not my kind of color, and yet... I am intrigued. It looks like a plain old beige/light tan sort of thing, and then I decided it was almost yellow, and then I decided it had a peachy tint to it. This is the sort of color that always looks terrible on me, but I'm going to try it out. I'll probably end up layering something over it, but if I still dislike it at the end I'll give it away. I'm gonna give it a fair shake first, though.

This is my last SquareHue box, unless I change my mind. (It's also not the first time I've cancelled, though, so that doesn't mean absolute finality.) I actually cancelled a month ago, and didn't expect a January box, but I guess they work a month ahead and I'd already paid for it, because I apparently didn't get charged anything else. Anyway, nothing against SquareHue, I enjoy the mystery but I can't afford it, so I'm down to just Sephora Play now, among the monthly things. I'm definitely going to stick with that a while longer.

1 comment: