Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Zoyas

I've got so much polish I bought in the last couple of months that I'm breaking it down by brand.
  • Aurora (Zoya) - fine holo-glitter in a plum-colored base (Zoya's description: "a full coverage, medium sugarplum purple flecked with a high concentration of micro fine diamond holographic glitter")
  • Ivanka (Zoya) -  I notice that Zoya's website first calls it emerald-green and then mermaid-green. I'd vote for more towards the mermaid side since it has a good bit of blue tones in it. ALU calls it "light emerald" which I'd come closer to agreeing with. (Zoya's description: "sparkling emerald green metallic. This luxurious mermaid green has a darker, forest green base with a hint of emerald and gold glitter!")
  • Isa (Zoya) either a blue-leaning purple or a purple-leaning blue (Zoya's description: "a deep blue-based purple with a micronized metallic pearl finish and an aqua flash that embodies the beauty of exotic island flowers!") (see also Swatch & Learn for lots of good pictures) (I realized after I posted this that I didn't really know exactly what "micronized" meant, and I looked for clarification from Google: Micronization is the process of reducing the average diameter of a solid material's particles. Usually, the term micronization is used when the particles that are produced are only a few micrometers in diameter.   (from Wikipedia, here) - I'm still not entirely sure that that tells me much about nail polish, per se, but at least I learned a new word!


And then the mini Color Lock set (which also included a Remove mini which I promptly gave away). I wanted to try the whole set so I could see if it helps with wear, and the results are not really in on that - at least, I haven't done a scientific wear study or anything. Based on a couple of tries, so far I'd say it's more or less average. I can't say there was a noticeable difference, so far.
  • Zoya Anchor basecoat (mini) - I actually like the feel of this one a lot. (I don't know why I judge my base-coats on "feel" but apparently I do.) Before this I'd only tried Get Even, the ridge-filling one, which I was not utterly crazy about. 
  • Zoya Armor topcoat (mini) - seems okay, early returns also seem about average. Not as goopy as Seche Vite, I thought.
  • Zoya Fast Dry drops (mini) - haven't really given these a good try as of yet. Comes with a dropper, which you can see on the left in the picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment