Sunday, January 17, 2016

The last RBLs

RBL has gone out of business, so these are presumably the last ones I'll have (unless I buy them on a secondary market, which I am usually too cheap to do). So let's talk about the ones I bought from the clearance sale. Two are from the last Blogger Collection (I think it was 3.0) and the other one is from the "A Poem" collection, which I think was a couple of years ago now - looks like it was early 2014, making it almost exactly two years ago, in fact.

Here's two of the three I bought; the other bottle is MIA at the moment. I like this picture because you can see the glitter in Small Dim Summer Stars. (I did find other pictures that had all three bottles & those are below.)
I've got most of my polish sorted by color in a variety of containers at the moment, as I've think I previously mentioned, so it's not terribly surprising that I have trouble laying my hands on something specific. This isn't the greatest lighting but here are all three:
L-R: Makeupwithdrawal, Peachypolish.com, Small Dim Summer Stars

Hmm, you can see the colors better in this picture, actually:
Peachypolish.com - here's the blogger's own description: "...my collaboration polish with RBL!  It has a deep purple-toned burgundy base with loads of pink, gold and blue microshimmer.  It ends up looking a bit metallic-y because of all of that shimmer.  I was inspired by berry color palettes.  Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc." I am big on berry colors myself, which is why I figured I would like this one.

Small, Dim, Summer Stars - here's RBL's own description (again, bear in mind that this is from the collection called "A Poem"): "Lost in the woods on a moonless, un-illuminated night, they stumble through the darkness. Looking up at the sky amid the fragrant forest...they appeared, countless tiny stars embedded in the dark sky... This sweltering silvery black base hammered with multifaceted and spectacular green, blue, pink, shimmery, glittery twinkling stars will bring you back to that summer night long ago, full of wonder and beauty."

Makeupwithdrawal - blogger's description: "It's been one of those colors that I feel like I've always been looking for, but I can never find. My perfect shade would be almost if Piu Mosso and IKB 2012 had a child. Not quite as inky as Piu Mosso or as creme-like in its finish, but with some of IKB's vibrant jelly-like properties (but more purple). I picture it containing large gold particles instead of Piu Mosso's fine, coppery shimmer. In fact, perhaps even bigger than the gold flakes in Naked Without Polish, but sparse enough to not overwhelm the base color. I am imaging a color that is regal, guilty of hubris (that is, if a color could even be accused of such a thing), something simply exquisite like a lapis lazuli gold filigree necklace." (It's definitely got particles in it; I'm not clear if they're quite as big as she was dreaming about!)

Here's my swatches; I'm overloaded with Christmas-gift polishes and haven't even gotten around to wearing any of these yet. I expect to love them when I do. (I was very late to the RBL party but I became a big fan toward the end of it. It might be better for my budget that they've gone away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment