Sunday, January 3, 2016

First 2016 mani - Explosive

Since I didn't get around to it for NYE proper, I made Formula X Explosive my first mani of the new year. Unsurprisingly, all those red layers I had one before didn't last terribly long. Explosive is a very good New Year's Eve polish, though - I put two layers of matte top coat on it because I felt like it needed toning down a bit for normal wear. (I'm not sure that doing two layers of the matte stuff is any more effective than one, honestly, but I switched brands - the first layer was Matte Me Crazy and the second one was Sally Girl. Different brands definitely have slightly different finishes.)
It's mixed holo glitters in a black jelly base. Matted down, it read mostly bronze and green, as far as I could see. But I'm adding a picture in partial sunlight to show you that even mattified, the bling is not gone completely - at least not when the sun hits it.

No comments:

Post a Comment