Thursday, December 31, 2015

Playing with polish: red glitters

For my last mani of 2015, I just slapped some layers over what I already had on, so this is messy but it turned out pretty cute:
This is a lot of layers. Let's see:
  1. Nail Nutrition
  2. Bridge the Ridge
  3. Good Girl Gone Bad (Lippmann) (this is pretty on its own, but I didn't stop there...)
  4. I Know You Are But What Am I? (Black Cat Lacquer) - this is sooo pretty, holo glitter in red jelly, but relatively subtle (I need to compare this to Ruby Pumps)
  5. Seche Vite
    -- so the above is what I already was wearing - I wore that overnight, but then I decided it was too subtle for New Year's Eve. So I started adding glitter.
  6. Gold Rush (Cover Girl) - this is an old Cover Girl, a medium-size gold glitter - I like it but once I got it on, I decided I wanted more red, so I added...
  7. Sparkling Wave (LASplash) - dark-red glitter of a similar size. Again, pretty but I was still wanting to go more red so I added another layer...
  8. Jolly Lolly (L'Oreal) - red jelly from the Miss Candy collection several years ago -- and then I was happy but I still had to topcoat again, so...
  9. Gelous - luckily one more coat was enough

I get carried away with the experimenting sometimes. It was kind of crazy to cover up first the Lippmann and the Black Cat after that. You couldn't really see the bottom layers by the time I got done, but the red base certainly made a difference, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment