Thursday, December 17, 2015

Purchases & empties

I saved this picture of the Black Friday Nest trio because it's gone from Sephora's website other than this little thumbnail, now. I happened to get my hands on one (thanks to a Sephora employee who tipped me off that it was there) that was still hanging around my local Sephora this past week. The set has three small but good-sized rollerballs - I believe they're Indigo, Verde, and Dahlia & Vine. I always like green scents so I imagine Verde is the one I'm going to keep for myself. I like Indigo, too, though.

(I know I took my own picture of my set the other day, but I can't find it right now. I'll add it back in when I track it down.) Here we go:


I haven't bought much nail polish lately, as I think I said before, but I did cave on a Zoya "happy hour" promo the other day - if you bought the $20 mini color-lock set you got three free polishes of your choice and free shipping. I hadn't ever tried out Zoya's full Color Lock system, so that's worth having to try (Their remover literally nauseates me, I do know that, so I'll definitely be giving that one away). I believe the polishes I got were two classics that I'd never gotten, Ivanka and Aurora, and then Isa from a more recent collection. (We'll see if I like Ivanka enough to compensate for that name's unfortunate association with the T-word.)

I have one "empty" picture, my old favorite eye serum:
I don't know if this brand is still around at all - I haven't seen it in years, anyway - but it was a good eye serum. I've found good (& cheaper) alternatives these days, though, so I'm certainly not going to try to hunt it down.

I threw away a couple of other things and didn't think to take pictures. One was Garnier moisturizer that's got a gel formula - this or something similar - which I was never crazy about but was determined to use up. And I threw away what was left of that Marc Jacobs blusher that I bought earlier this year, because it was ruined. (Not because I depotted it - which I did - but because I subsequently dropped it into a sink full of water. I wish I'd just left it alone because then I could have given it to a good home, but... well, it's not like there's much I can do about it once it's soaking wet.)

Oh! and I did buy another moisturizer, I almost forgot that - not a replacement for the Garnier one, but I had a sample of LaFresh night creme which was almost empty, and I decided I couldn't live without it and so I forked out for the full-size one. I have several day-cremes that I really like - LaFresh's Good Day is one of them - but I haven't found many night-cremes that I really love. It's probably no coincidence that all of the ones I've liked the most are awfully expensive, which makes Good Night at $40 for 1.7 oz look more reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment