Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Nailkale & Butter London gift sets

I picked up this gift set from Sephora - on sale - because I wanted the NailKale base-coat, which I'd heard good things about, and it was always sold out individually.
It has the full-size "superfood" base-coat, and four minis, topcoat and three polishes.

  • Victoria (top-left) - they apparently call this "dark cherry" - I think I would just call it burgundy.
  • Nailkale top coat (top-right) - I've seen good reviews of these, so I'm really interested to try out both the top- and base-coats. (I laughed at first at the "kale" thing but I'm willing to give it a try.)
  • Knightsbridge Mews (bottom-left) - this is a nail brightener, a peachy sheer.
  • Windsor Mews (bottom-right) - I'm going to have to compare this to Zoya Odette. It's one of those neutral/orchid colors that have been so popular this past year. Maybe the word I'm looking for is "mauve" - mauve has been so out of fashion for so long that I find it doesn't come easily to me. I think it may be brighter than Odette.

And then sometime in November Butter London had a one day "mystery set" for $10.  It turned out to be a lip crayon in Tea with the Queen, a small polish that I really liked (Cor Blimey, a dark purple), a nail file, a "scrubber" packet with a prep wipe, and a really cute bright pink bag to hold it all.
The polish on the left is full-sized, and is Knackered, which I ordered separately. The lighting was not really great for taking pictures today. I gave away the lip crayon (and the nail file) before I took the pictures, and I don't see the Tea With The Queen lip crayon on the website but here's the nail polish, which appears to be just about the same color. Very neutral.

(Here's Pink Sith's very amusing take on Knackered, even if you do have to imagine what the most of the gifs are.)

(additional note: Our normal holiday tradition is to wrap stuff like this up and not open it again until Christmas Day, even when I know perfectly well what it is. And taking pictures of it also has to wait til afterwards. But this year is so screwed up I'm not even bothering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment