Sunday, January 24, 2016

Assorted

I had a fairly huge amount of polish that I hadn't really talked about one by one yet. I added everything I'd gotten to the big list but they didn't link anywhere, so I started working on that. It almost immediately got so big that I started separating stuff out again - here's the Zoya piece, and I went back and edited my Pretty Serious haul post and my Nailkale post from December to have the information that otherwise would be here. There were also some Square Hue polishes in there which I have posted about already, but those may also get expanded.

So here's what hadn't gotten talked about elsewhere (in the case of the BLs, I guess I could have edited them in along with the Nailkales, since I do talk about them both in that post, but I didn't)
  • Cor Blimey - I thought it was beautiful as soon as I saw it. ALU (see the link) calls it a grape shimmer, and maybe that's right because I always do love my grape colors. A lovely shimmery dark purple, anyway.
  • Knackered - this is very sheer, and basically a topper, although I have seen somebody's pictures where it was built up to near-opaqueness (it took four or five coats, mind you). It's blue-looking sheer duochrome (blue-purple or green-purple or maybe it's blue-green-purple - seems to vary with who you ask) with some fairly sparse holo glitter.


(Of course when I swatched them I managed to put them in the opposite order, but I don't think there's much danger of getting these two mixed up.)
  • Punk-ish Purple (SH Miracle Gel) - slightly periwinkle-leaning purple creme, not too dark or too light. I could not find a single swatch of this or even an eBay listing or anything - the only picture I found was in one of Karen's display posts! I'm guessing that this was LE and it came and went and nobody paid attention to it. But it's quite a nice color and apparently is still floating around in various drugstores if you can get your hands on it.
I swatched it on the wheel - it's the one pointing right at the bottle - but the lighting was obviously not perfect and I don't think you can tell too much about what it actually looks like. The bottle looks more true to the real color than the swatch was, at least in this light. I didn't notice the swatch looking this much darker than the bottle color, but maybe I just didn't pay attention!


Not actually new but had never gotten discussed and linked to my satisfaction:
  • Ignite (Formula X mini) (this came from Ipsy back in September) (on Sephora's website) - a dark-red creme, really luscious. This is still available from Sephora at the moment, although it's in with the fall 2015 polishes so it could be pulled any time now. (Which, on the other hand, means it might also conceivably be marked down!)
  • Mingle With Kringle (China Glaze) - this is said to be a dupe for Zoya Ziv. I have never bought Ziv so I can't speak to that. What I can tell you is that it's a golden metallic and it's really pretty and also that it stained like mad. I've been a bit reluctant to wear it again because of that. But it's absolutely lovely and it's worth wearing, I just recommend doubling up on base-coat. (This is part of the only set of polishes I've ever received free from a manufacturer, in a giveaway. It was the holiday collection from two years ago, Holiglaze.) (also see S&L's swatches here)


No comments:

Post a Comment