Friday, July 8, 2016

Lake Louise, Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

This is Square Hue Lake Louise and Lucky 13 Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey:
I showed you the Tardis-blue holo in the last entry so I figured I should go on and show you the Tardis-blue glitter while I was at it. Well, first of all, since my labeling is extra-wacky here, let me tell you that on the wheel, these are the two icy-blue nails pointing at the bottles. Lake Louise is the plainer-looking one and WWTW is the one with the bits of stuff in it. Here are Accio Lacquer's always-spectacular-looking closeups of the glitter. It's a blue jelly base with hexes and moons and stars, basically, but since it's a jelly it gives that lovely illusion of depth if you pile up the coats. (I think my swatch is only one coat. I see some little tickmarks on other nails but not on that one.)

I called Lake Louise "plain" above but it's actually quite beautiful, too, don't get me wrong. It's not a creme, it's a heavy shimmer. I normally am not a fan of pastels but even I like this one. (I try to take a picture of the back side of Square Hue polishes because as you can see, the front side covers almost all the polish. But apparently I forgot that when I was taking this picture. Sorry! Here's somebody else's pictures if you need more evidence.)

Added: Here's a ganked picture from Lucky 13, because it's there right now but probably won't stay. The Accio Lacquer link is long-gone and apparently Lucky 13 is taking their website down to revamp it.

Aside: If you're not a Doctor Who fan (although I'm not sure who's reading here that isn't, honestly, but if so, hi!) note that both the quote from the last entry and this one are from the same episode. And if you've ever thought of seeing what this Doctor Who business is all about, that episode, Blink, is an excellent place to start. Because it's incredibly creepy but manages at the same time to give you a whole lot of exposition that covers most of the concept of the show. For good measure, it also features a pre-stardom Carey Mulligan.

(Clearly, a thing to try is WWTW over The Angels Have The Phone Box. Actually I can't believe I never thought of it before. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey over Lake Louise also might be a thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment