Saturday, May 12, 2018

NOTD + swatch: Space Glam

This is Essence Space Glam:
Obviously this collection (or sub-line? I don't know) is Out of Space Stories, and here's swatches of all of them from the South African blog Ordinary Misfit. (Now I'm trying to decide if I need any more of these!) Anyway, I got this polish from Ulta online - the whole gigantic Ulta order I ended up doing started because I saw this polish somewhere else and I wanted to try it out. (Although I was intending to buy the biggest item, the cologne for my husband, anyway; this just caused me to get it from Ulta instead of from Sephora.)

So it looks in those swatches linked above like it's metallic rose-gold, and the article that I was looking at pretty much described it that way too, but that wasn't really what I found when I put it on:
This is this is not a great picture, but I'm posting it anyway because I think it shows what I'm talking about. This is two or possibly three coats, I wore this a week ago and I've now forgotten. You can definitely see my nail line if you look for it, in this picture, but this is one of those things where in real life it seemed opaque enough that nobody was likely to notice. I don't think this picture really does the polish justice, I like it a lot. It's a "rose gold" but in this case that turns out to mean mauve-ish pink with gold metallic sheen, rather than a more traditional pink-toned metallic.

No comments:

Post a Comment