Wednesday, April 17, 2019

NOTD: You're Such A BudaPest (& add-ons)

I think I bought OPI You're Such A BudaPest back during the Black Friday sale from Ulta last year. The color is several years old, right? I think I remember an Eastern European collection or something like that (added: it was Euro Centrale, in 2013) - but pastels aren't generally my thing and it took me a long time to get around to deciding I wanted it. And then another while to get around to wearing it:
I slapped one coat on late at night, and then another one (or maybe two, because I remember griping about how sheer it was) before I left the house. I had my new NailsInc base-coat on - which hopefully I will get around to talking about soon - but I didn't have time to put any top-coat on. And then I forgot by the end of the day that I hadn't put top-coat on, and then a day or two later when it started chipping, I remembered. So, as is my wont, I started putting stuff on top of it to hide the chips.

First I picked up Ciaté Fly Away, thinking that it was a shimmer, but no, it's just a cream. I had it on a couple of nails by the time I figured this out (it was late) but hey, it matches - it's just a slightly darker purple than BudaPest is. Then I found the Ciaté that was actually the shimmery purple one - Purple Rain - and put it on top of everything. It was still kind of a mess but it was a better-looking mess, at least. I tried taking a picture of it, but it was really awful so you'll just have to use your imagination. (Bear in mind that I've posted some pretty bad pictures over the years. If I say a picture is so bad I won't use it, it's bad.)

Let's see, here's my swatches from the Mini Mani Month set:
Purple Rain
Fly Away
Purple Rain did look very nice over both of these. I'll have to try it again at some time in the future.

(If you now have Prince earworms like I do, well, I'm not apologizing for that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment