Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The RIP tag

@jessface90 wrote up this tag about discontinued indie brands - I'll link her video at the bottom.

1. What are the top 3 (or just one, idc it's your life) brands you'd bring back if you could?
Rescue Beauty, Cult Nails, Chick Polish - I have quite a few RBLs (I counted, I have ten), I have ONE Cult Polish (which is black but it's an especially nice black, with a rubbery finish), and a handful of Chicks. I'll put some pictures below.
2. What is a brand that you never got the chance to try?
Lots of these, but especially... hmm, well, I was going to say NerdLacquer but apparently they are back! Also Candy Lacquer, for those gorgeous glitter combinations.
3. What is a brand that you tried at the last minute?
Wicked Polish had been gone for a while and did one restock, and I got a polish from that one. I'm not sure if that was "last minute" or "attempted comeback" or what, but they were gone again the last time I checked. (I have a list for this, btw, but I haven't updated it lately!)
4. Is the brand that made your first indie polish still in business (and what was your first indie/brand)?
Chirality was my first, maybe 5 or 6 years ago? I bought 3 minis, all holos. (They were also the first holos that I ever bought.)
5. What is a brand (or 3 or something) that you forgot about?
I have one Black Cat Lacquer polish that I really like - they still have a website but everything on it says "sold out."
(This is I Know You Are But What Am I?)

Here's Hipster Chick:

I used to complain a great deal about Chinoise, because it was $18 and it looks exactly like the rest of these reds, but it is a very nice red:

This is RBL Pretty Gritty, which I think I called my favorite polish of... some year or other. (It was 2015.)

And here's Jess:

No comments:

Post a Comment