Thursday, June 4, 2015

NOTDs: AB/black & Hipnotic

This is 2 coats of Aurora Borealis over WnW Black Creme:
This is a picture of my right hand instead of the more normal left - even though I'm left-handed, I almost always take pictures of my left hand. (I'm fairly ambidextrous but that still seems a bit odd, and I'm not entirely sure why that's my habit.) In this case, I took pictures of both but I thought the angle was more interesting on this one. Anyway, AB does what flakies tend to do and shimmers and shifts around depending on the angle and the light. (For example, here's the picture I took on its previous outing, which looks quite a bit different.) It definitely inclines toward green/gold/copper, though, I would say. (And actually in the light I'm in as I write this - fluorescent - I see what might be purple.)


This is a mess of a painting job, but I did think it came out pretty cute, overall. This is Finger Paints Hipnotic - 2 coats - over whatever I had on before that, which I guess was I'm Not Really A Waitress. (Hipnotic is very opaque, so whatever is under it isn't peeking out much, anyway.)
Karen had sent me this polish... man, a while back, I'm not even sure... definitely a year or more ago or probably more like two or three... and I just hadn't ever gotten around to trying it. I really mostly never did get the hang of magnetics, which is probably why I avoided trying it for so long! but this one did decently well, and I like the color. (In real life it wasn't actually as bright as it looks here.) So overall I'm still running at maybe 40% success rate with magnetics, but it's also still a small sample. I need to dig some more of them out and have another go with it. (I do know that the ones I've done the best with - Finger Paints and OPI - are the ones where the magnet design gives you a better look at what you're doing. It's hard to get the magnet close enough if you can't see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment