Tuesday, May 5, 2015

NOTD + new OCC, OrlyCB & more

Here's the current mani, first: it's Aurora Borealis from Lucky 13 and I've had it on for days now. (I've lost track of how many exactly.)
I put Zoya Cynthia underneath, which is a really dark blue. I didn't have a black handy, but I doubt that it would look much different. AB is what I think I would call a small flakie, as opposed to the bigger flakies that are floating around. It flashes sort of green/brown/purplish.

Here's part of my new stuff:
The "sister duo" from Orly Color Blast of Frozen (the icy blue) and Free Spirit (fuchsia), OCC Black Metal Dahlia, and then Aurora Borealis. I also have the other Lucky 13 that I showed in the last post, which was MIA when I started to take the picture.

I swatched all these onto a nail wheel (including the MIA one):
  1. Black Metal Dahlia (I believe this was only one coat)
  2. Free Spirit
  3. Frozen
  4. Aurora Borealis (2 coats) with no undercoat
  5. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey
  6. 2 coats Aurora Borealis over Cynthia (same as the mani above)
(The MIA one is no longer MIA, if you're wondering. I found it in my purse.)

I have pictures of a couple of other new things that aren't nail polish, too. This one was my main birthday present because it was fairly expensive. (The Color Blast Duo above was also a b-day present from Rob, a little surprise.)
(The brand is LaFresh. I had a coupon that at covered the shipping plus a bit more - you get 20% off when you sign up for their mailing list - but it still was nearly $40, and it's only 1.7 ounces. This is a sale that's entirely due to the sample of this I got from Ipsy, it's not something I had ever heard of. I love it, and hopefully it will last a good while.)

One more little thing that we bought at Target, because it amuses me - a Funko Pop mystery mini, which turned out to be Rick:
Walking Dead is Rob's fandom, not really mine, but I like the Funko Pop figurines a lot. Here's the mini with the two regular-size ones we already had (the Governor & Michonne)
(I pulled out the ruler and measured - the regular ones are about 4" high or a little less, where Rick is about 2-1/4". I would have guessed a little bigger. He doesn't look as tiny to me as that sounds!)

-------------------------------
NOTD details:
1 coat nail hardener
1 coat basecoat (I don't remember which one!)
1 coat Cynthia
2 coats Aurora Borealis
1 coat Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment