Friday, May 1, 2015

NOTD: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Yes, that's really what it's called. (I don't really know why I continue to find that surprising.)

I took the close-up because I was trying to get a picture of the little moons and stars in the glitter. I don't think you can actually see them, but at least it shows the general prettiness of the thing.
(Actually, maybe you can at that. There's a star or two right above this, on my pinky. All told I got about half a dozen stars and at least one moon out of the bottle by the time I was done with this, without any particular fishing for them.)

This one is under the fluorescent light.

Here is this polish in full sunlight (all these are from the iPhone), but it doesn't do it justice:
It looks oddly like the glitter is sitting on the surface here, which it's not. This is a jelly, and the glitter is mostly all down inside. It was hardly even bumpy, that I noticed.

This is my first Lucky 13 polish (well, I bought two, actually, but I tried this one first) and I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure you'd really call the base of this Tardis blue - the top picture where it looks a bit more aqua is maybe more accurate - but it builds up to something approximating Tardis blue after several coats. (I did three.)

I actually have several more new polishes that you haven't seen yet - I got an Orly Color Blast duo for my birthday, and I have an OCC that just came from Sephora, and the other Lucky 13, too - and a couple of RBLs on the way, that I bought with my birthday coupon, budget or no budget. (As far as my budget goes, the two from Lucky 13 and the one OCC were within the budget, and the ones that were a gift don't count, of course. But I'm going to have to refrain from buying anything else for a good while to make up for the RBLs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment