Friday, April 1, 2016

Juicy, Flirt, Peonies Gone Wild

I started a new swatch project in January and almost immediately got bogged down on getting the pictures up. I did a post weeks ago that was a couple of pictures like the one below - wheel and bottle pictures, from a wheel full of raspberry-leaning dark-pinks and reds. I started doing a second post to follow up on that and one picture was as far as I got. But I decided that one picture at a time was probably the best way to go, anyway, so here we go and I'll hopefully get more of these up, gradually.

Here we have Zoya Juicy, piCture pOlish flirt (I'm using their capitalization scheme, just this once), and Bonita Peonies Gone Wild.
(I'm going on the assumption that you can read enough of my scribbling on the wheel proper to figure out which is which there. They go clockwise, which here translates to bottom-to-top.) Juicy (which I believe is discontinued - here it is on Amazon) is sheer, although not actually a jelly, and a bit more neutral than these other two. Flirt is more or less just a very bright fuchsia creme. I wore it once and had wear issues; I need to try it at least once more before I make a destash decision, because it is a really nice color! Peonies Gone Wild is a fuchsia and a heavy shimmer, and I believe I had it on my favorites-of-2014 list. I think it must have been LE, though - I bought it from RiteAid when we were in Ohio and I don't see it on Bonita Salon's current colors. I think must have been from a spring or summer of 2014 collection - I seem to recall a floral-themed display.

Added:
Juicy apparently had pigment problems - scroll way down here for more on that.
Some previous discussion of Flirt and Juicy here.
More about Peonies Gone Wild: very bad 2014 mani here; somebody else's swatches here and here.



No comments:

Post a Comment