Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Raspberry pinks

I found a whole wheel's worth of really bright pinks - some of them almost read as red, and most of these have at least a hint of purple tones as well.
I don't have pictures of all of these available right this minute, but I'm going to talk about some of them and I'll hopefully be able to track down the pictures of the rest later on.

I took pictures of the bottles next to the swatches, to hopefully make them easier to sort out.
Here we have OPI Peru-B-Ruby (which is some years old, I assume from a South American themed collection), Zoya Riley, and Miracle Gel Mad Women. In the light I'm in now, these all look a bit purpler, getting somewhat pinker as you go down the line - which is to say, Peru-B-Ruby is the most purple of the three. Peru-B-Ruby has a lot of shimmer but these other two are cremes. I bought two bottles of Peru-B-Ruby back in the day, I loved it so much. I like Mad Women a lot, too. Riley is the darkest of the three, and for some reason I just never loved Riley as much as I expected to. (Maybe my expectations were just too high!) I think it's probably going in the destash box, not because there's anything wrong with it but just because I don't ever wear it, and I have so many other things that are similar.

(Also, here's Peru-B-Ruby compared to Chanel Tentation.)

Here we have a couple of glitterbombs in a similar color range, Jade Vestido de Gala and Studio M Slammin' Red:
Vestido de Gala is more purple-leaning; Slammin' Red is more pinkish. I would not call it a true red, though. Both of these are very heavy glitters.

(added) More from this wheel:

No comments:

Post a Comment