Monday, February 1, 2016

Mally "Barely There Beauty" set

I mentioned a while back that I bought this from QVC one night in a weak moment, but I took pictures and never did post them. Better pictures are still to be had on QVC's website at the moment, but I don't trust those to stay there for any length of time.

Here's the box, with its own picture of the set. Of course it came inside another bigger box. This box was a little scuffed up but the contents were fine. (The color of my set is Fair, the palest one, so the foundation is a good bit paler than this one. I didn't think to swatch anything when I took these pictures - I routinely do that for polish but I tend to forget for makeup!)

Here's the contents:

  • Poreless Perfection Foundation (comes with sponge)
  • Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra in Timeless Taupe
  • Volumizing Mascara in Black
  • Barely Bloomed Lip Crayon
  • Foundation brush
  • Makeup bag

The bag is a pretty roomy one, more like a travel size than a purse size. (It'd be fine in a tote bag or any kind of larger bag like that. But if you carry a smaller bag, this one is probably too big to fit easily.)


I've tried most of this out - I wasn't sure how I'd like the powder foundation but it feels pretty nice. That's mainly why I let myself be tempted by this, I'd been wanting to try one. And the colors of everything else are very neutral and "barely-there" as the package says. That seems to be the thing in makeup this year anyway - not surprising, really, given the over-contoured look that's been so in for several years now. "Barely-there" is much more my natural style.
I played around with both the sponge and the brush that's included - I think I will end up using both, really. It went on easily with the brush, but the sponge is better for near the eyes. (Bear in mind that I don't wear mascara these days so I didn't try that. I'll pass it along to somebody else to try out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment