Thursday, February 4, 2016

NOTD: last week's blurples, Glitter All The Way

Regarding the last post where I was being indecisive, what I ended up wearing was Glitter All The Way by itself. Here's a quick shot I took when I was getting gas at midnight last night (doing double-duty with the nails and the price of gas!) - it does show the glitter very well.
(I've seen gas as cheap as $1.29 in the past few days, so this price doesn't even seem all that impressive at the moment.) This is two coats, believe it or not. Of course this is a pretty old bottle of polish, so that may help with the opacity issue. I managed to chip the glitter before I even got the top-coat on, but once I patched it up and top-coated it, it's holding up alright. (If it lasts til Tuesday I will be shocked, though.) Here's another picture in different light:
Most of the time it looks like a pretty bright gold, really, with the other colors mixed in. (Added: regarding the wear, it made it all the way to Monday, and I probably could have stretched it til Tuesday, really. So better than I expected!)

I don't think I ever talked about what I was wearing before this. I tried out Makeupwithdrawal (RBL), which I was a little disappointed in because the shimmer didn't seem to show as much as I'd hoped. (But it's a beautiful color!) Then after a couple of days it was a little chipped, and rather than start over I patched it up and put KBShimmer Excuse Me I Blurpled on top of it since it's a similar color. And I loved that combination SO MUCH. I've had Excuse Me I Blurpled for months and I can't believe I didn't try it until now. (And unfortunately I didn't get pictures, my brain was elsewhere last week.) I'mna have to try Excuse Me I Blurpled by itself so I can tell how much difference Makeupwithdrawal made. I suspect it made it darker, but I can't really be sure til I try it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought OPI Give Me Space at the grocery store the other day. I don't really need another dark-blue but I couldn't resist. Jelly holo! (And I don't have Zoya Dream, which is said to be a not-quite-dupe, either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment