Friday, March 16, 2018

Hipster Chick

This is one of my favorite weird greens, Chick Polish Hipster Chick:
Actually these days it doesn't seem especially weird, but several years ago when it came out, all these green polishes seemed a lot more out-there. It's kind of in the same range as Bitter Buddhist - sort of jade, not too yellow. And then it has scattered glitter in it. I wish you could still get these, but Chick Polish just kind of went "poof" a few years ago and disappeared, as indies do from time to time, I guess. (They did other things, too but there was a whole series with names like these - Rocker Chick, maybe Hippie Chick? I don't remember for sure what the rest were, but you get the idea, anyway.)

Added: a couple of comments spurred by this entry, which also shows an orange polish called Punk Chick, so there's another in the series for you. Also the polish there seems considerably brighter than my picture shows it, so I now I'm trying to remember if mine was ever that bright (although if you google not all the pictures actually look that bright). Here's another example - Biker Chick, there's another one. But hers don't look any more bright, really, and I found this old mani picture of mine, too. Maybe there were batches that were brighter or something, or maybe it's just the light. I'm pretty sure that my bottle seems to have always been about this same color!

No comments:

Post a Comment