Tuesday, December 11, 2018

New OPIs: Berry Fairy Fun & You're Such A Buda-pest

These are the two OPIs I bought from Ulta in the Black Friday sale, for $5 each. They didn't really have all that many polishes to choose from on the website, and this was what I decided I wanted most out of the choices available.

This is Berry Fairy Fun:
Shiny red-violet with what looks like pink flash. Honestly, right now I don't know why I thought I needed this. I mean, it's pretty, very pretty, but I'm pretty sure I already have at least a dozen things that are similar. This is from the Nutcracker and the Four Realms collection, so it was new, what, about a month ago? (Did anybody actually see this movie? I haven't heard a soul mention it.) I had a couple of other polishes from this collection written down as things I might possibly want to get - Black To Reality (which is blackened red) and Envy the Adventure (which is, as you probably guessed, green) - but I just didn't feel like I needed to buy that much stuff. So this is the one I picked.

And then I got You're Such A Buda-pest, which is from the Euro Centrale collection, I think that was several years ago now, right? This one is in the permanent collection now, I believe. I haven't looked to see what other people actually said about it but I know that a lot of people really loved it. And honestly, looking at the swatch, I'm not sure that I do have anything much like it. I have periwinkles that are more blue, and I have lots of darker purples, and a few paler ones, but I'm not at all sure I have anything on the more purple leaning-side of blue-violet like this. I think I may enjoy this one. (I will probably enjoy the other one too, I'm just not completely convinced of that at the moment, as I said above. But it's totally in my wheelhouse so odds are I will change my mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment