Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Colourpop: Kathleen's favorites

This started because of a Kathleen Lights video, so I'll link that first rather than putting it down at the bottom like I usually do with videos. (That doesn't mean I expect you to watch it right now before you read any further. That part's up to you!)
Kathleen does collabs with Colourpop, and they were coming out with new products, so Colourpop had a "Kathleen's favorites" sale (which has now ended). I had been wanting to try out Colourpop concealer for a while now, so I used Kathleen's sale as an excuse to buy that and more.

I think Colourpop is 5 years old? that's what I decided this card was referring to.

I tried out several of the products that Kathleen talked about. I started out looking at the separate Zodiac shadows, which have just been released - I put two of them in my cart and then I went, "Y'know, it wouldn't cost much more to buy the whole palette," and so that's what I did.

Here's the items out of the boxes:
Top to bottom: Jelly Much shadow in Whistlin' Pixie (also see below), Colourpop No Filter concealer, Ultra Blotted Lip in Double Double, and the Zodiac palette. (I apparently didn't take a picture of the inside of the palette, for some reason, but you can see it here, not to mention that each individual eyeshadow color has a page, and the zodiac pigments -which I did not buy - also have pages, and so do the new blushes that were just released - and all that stuff is listed here.) Whistlin' Pixie was actually a color that Kathleen mentioned - and I jumped at it because I love coppery anything - but I don't think the blotted lip was one that she mentioned. I probably wouldn't have bought the Ultra Blotted Lip at all if she hadn't been talking about it, though, because it just wasn't on my radar. Kathleen's lip picks, especially, tend to be more neutral than I like, a lot of the time. Neutrals just aren't all that flattering on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment