Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Deborah Lippmann Midnight Garden set

I would wait to show this "Midnight Garden" set til I had better pictures, but it's an exclusive to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and it is still showing up as available on Nordstrom's website, so I thought I'd go ahead and mention it in case somebody's not already aware of it. The sale continues for the rest of this week - until the 6th, which is Sunday. The set is $29 and ships for free to the US (and if you have one of those $10 Nordstrom Notes they've been giving out to promote their rewards program still sitting around, which I did, that gets it down to $19).

Added: I happened to notice that the minute the Nordstrom's sale ended, this popped up on Deborah Lippmann's own site. So you can still get it - still $29.

These are mostly not new polishes, so if you have a lot of Lippmann you are probably not interested in this. But if you're like me and you don't, it's a pretty good deal.
It's five mini size polishes - left to right, they are Love In The Dunes, I Feel Pretty, Whatever Lola Wants, Naked, and Fools Rush In. Naked and Whatever Lola Wants are current colors but the other three don't seem to be. (I don't believe any of them are new, though, either.)
It is valued at $60, the box says, which seems a little high - do they really sell their 0.27 ounce minis for $12? (I suppose they might!) Let's compare this instead to the price of five full-size polishes - at $18 each, that would be $90. So getting the half-sized ones for a third of that price sounds like a pretty decent deal to me.

(I'm outing myself as a closet hard-rock fan here, but I keep wanting to type "Wicked Garden" for the name of this set, after the Stone Temple Pilots song. I've had to stop myself a couple of times. At least now I have that song for an earworm instead of the pop song I had before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment