Friday, August 18, 2017

Comparison: dark blues

Dark blues, mostly cremes:
Here is the whole list of blues in numerical order (including the ones I already talked about), so this picture starts with #7:
  1. Cerulean (Insta-Dri)
  2. Robyn (Zoya)
  3. Peri-wink-le Of An Eye (WnW 1-Step Wonder Gel)
  4. Mesmerize (Essie)
  5. Pacific Blue (old formula - SH Xtreme Wear)
  6. Intrigue (Revlon Brilliant Strength)
  7. Blackout (Revlon Super Top Speed) (this one is not actually a creme, but it's so dark that it's hard to tell what it is. I think maybe it has some paler blue shimmer in it.)
  8. Midnight Cami (Essie)
  9. Plummet (Insta-Dri)
  10. Nail-robi (Color Club)
  11. Cynthia (Zoya)
The brand-name is completely gone from my bottle of Blackout, but here it is from Kaz. Her bottle says "Super Top Speed" and that does ring a bell with me.

Here's Blackout close-up (#7 on the wheel):
You can see the fill line here, I've worn this a fair bit here and there. (Let's face it, I'm more likely to wear things more that are not cremes. It's just a fact of life for me.) (Also, as I mentioned in the Revlon stash post, all of the Top Speed line is now discontinued.)

I talked about Plummet and Nail-Robi yesterday, so I won't talk about them again; instead, here is Zoya Cynthia.
It looks almost greenish next to its violet-leaning neighbor on the wheel. I think what it is is super-dark indigo. (Zoya calls it "blackened peacock teal" which also implies that there is a little green in there.)

And I don't seem to have a picture of Midnight Cami on its own, but here's the group picture:
I am going to have to come back later to talk about Midnight Cami because it is also not a creme and I hadn't worn it in so long I'd forgotten that. Obviously I am terrible at identifying cremes from not-cremes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment