Sunday, August 13, 2017

Amethyst Couture

This is Color Show Amethyst Couture, from the Brocades collection:
As I mentioned when I talked about Black In Mirrors, these polishes were LE, were heavily hyped at the time, and they became almost impossible to find very quickly. And heck, they were a drugstore polish doing something different, so I guess if you look at it that way it deserved the hype. (Free advice to drugstore polish brands: do something different some more, and I'd buy more from you.)

Anyway, what I'm getting at here is, this was the first one I bought, and I don't really love it. It tends to just kind of look like sludge on your fingers. The shiny bits all seem to hide. I really wanted to like this, and so I was fairly disappointed by that. Later on I found Black In Mirrors, and it's better - and there was a red one that I've always wished I bought, which I don't remember the name of. This one, I could've done without, and that's a shame.

(I made a new tag just for this: "disappointing polishes." I'm sure I can find some other things to add that tag to!)

Added: previous discussion of this polish

No comments:

Post a Comment