Friday, November 16, 2018

Holiday candles

KathleenLights did a candle video a couple of weeks ago with candles from Bath & Body Works (I'll link the video below) and I thought - inevitably - oh, I wouldn't mind having some of those, because I love candles. So I looked to see what the price was on the 3-wick candles and they were on sale for $12.95. (I just looked and they're $14-something now, but I also looked on one of those Black Friday sites and it's possible that they will be $12.25 or so then - and that's only a week away, after all.) Anyway, I went ahead and bought two, at $12.95. I've been in BBW a couple of times in recent years and sniffed at the candles, and I knew they had things I would be happy with even if I didn't quite know the proper names for the ones I like. Kathleen went through a bunch of scents in her video, and from that I figured out what I wanted to order. I just got two, and they're two that Kathleen says are among her favorites - Tis the Season (apple, cinnamon, cedar) and Fresh Balsam (which is balsam, eucalyptus, cedar, & fir). Those are pretty much the kind of thing I was thinking of in the first place.

I hear stories periodically about people getting broken candles in the mail, but these seemed well-packed in their little cradles.

(They seemed to have several versions of the packaging for the really popular ones. But I went with the holiday theme.)

They both smell fabulous. I'm tempted to go get some more but I think I'll make myself burn a good portion of these before I buy any more.






No comments:

Post a Comment