Monday, November 12, 2018

Grinch Collection (LE)

I talked yesterday about my Ulta order which included foundation and an Ecotools brush. The rest of the order was nail polish, all from the new Grinch collection from China Glaze. Ulta had a buy 1 get one 50% off sale going, and I was going to buy two and added a third one at the last minute. Now I'm sort of wishing I had gotten one more, since it would presumably also have been 50% off. But it's too late now.
As you can see, the bottles have various Grinch silhouettes. (There was also a Grinch-face one, but I didn't end up with any of those.) The cap selection seems to be random - that is, it's not that you get a certain cap with a certain polish, if that matters to you.

The green polish is Grinchworthy.
Remember when I was messing with the Halloween skittles and complaining about not being able to find a green that was the color I wanted? I finally used OCC Chimera, which was OK, but this one would have been perfect. I guess I'll have to bear that in mind for next year! Anyway, this is a slightly yellowish green glitter - I think the base is probably sort of lime-colored and then there's a variety of colors of small glitter in various greens and maybe some gold. It's beautiful.

The pink polish is Who Wonder:
It's just a really pretty shimmery fuchsia. (The worst problem I have with doing my bottle-and-wheel swatches the way I do is that round bottles just do not want to stay where you put them. Usually, as here, I just use some other bottle to prop them against to keep them from rolling away, but it's annoying. I'm sure there's some more sophisticated way to keep them where I want them but I haven't ever bothered to look into that. Square foundation bottle = perfectly good thing to prop a bottle of nail polish against!)

(I decided to wait and talk about the third polish tomorrow, since I'm wearing it now.)

Meanwhile, here's some reviews of the Grinch collection on YouTube:



No comments:

Post a Comment