Monday, October 29, 2018

Skittles(ish)

I started out to do a skittles manicure, and I feel like I didn't really do a proper one, because I didn't put a different color on every nail, but oh well, I like it anyway:
The other hand has two orange nails, but this one somehow only ended up with one. I was going to do the colors I talked about in this post, more or less, but I couldn't find a green that had enough contrast to suit me, and instead of just gold I ended up using Witch & Famous, which is a topper, over the black. The Pixie Dusts do work really well for this - the purple one on my thumb is Zoya Carter, and the orange one is Destiny. For black, I used Cult Nails Fetish, which is a satiny finish - but then I ended up with top-coat on most of the black nails anyway. (No top-coats on the Pixie Dust this time.)

I just went poking around on Zoya's website trying to figure out if you could do an all-Pixie-Dust version of this. But there's not really a green that suits my idea of a Halloween green. (If you clicked on the Witch and Famous link above, you saw the one that I had in mind in that picture - it's Salon Perfect Who Ya Gonna Call? - which I think was a Halloween LE that year. It's a texture but it's more like Floam than like Pixie Dust. I couldn't find mine, though.) I have both Zoya Chita, which seems slightly too dark, and Vespa, which seems too light. Anyway, I'm obsessing over this way too much. I may well redo some of this between now & Wednesday, so it'll look fresh, so I may get another chance to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment