Friday, October 12, 2018

Pansy Pop!

Here's the other thing that I bought with my Neiman Marcus coupon, a Clinique Blush Pop:
I guess the background thing to know here is that I have been on a hunt for a long time for the perfect berry-colored blush. I had one that I loved once way back (Benefit I Lotused You Looking, which was LE ten years or more ago) and ever since I have been hunting for something similar - on the purple side but not too purple, and also not too dark. That's really the kicker: you can find violet/berry blushes but they tend to be dark, or very bright, so it's that combination that is hard to find. I've been wearing ones that are more on the pink side but lean a little towards berry, when I can find them. I wore Benefit Thrrrob until they discontinued it, and then I found MAC Full of Joy, which I liked fine, but then I found out that's now discontinued also - or at least I haven't been able to find it anywhere. And my existing Full of Joy blush is not gone yet but I hit pan on it some time ago, so I figured it was time to start hunting seriously for something else.

The higher-end brands that N-M carries had several things that looked like possibilities, and I decided just to try something while the good coupon sale was on. I looked at a bunch of things - I think there was a Laura Mercier one that looked really good, but it was out of stock, so I decided to try this Clinique one. The color is Pansy Pop, and here's what it looks like:
It looks really purple in some of these pictures but really it's just perfectly between pink and purple, to me, and it's very sheer, so it's not at all too dark. If you wanted it darker I think you could build it up, but I want it pretty light, for my skin-tone, and it's really just perfect.
The daisy is adorable, and it's fairly deeply-etched, so it's going to stay there a while.
I'm using my little Sephora 45.5 brush to put it on with - this is the gold version that I got just lately.  I think maybe you can get an idea of how sheer this blush goes on from what's on the brush there.
This is the label on the brush - you usually see it called the "mini-multitasker." (I think there's a larger multitasker that's #45.) This is my favorite blush brush.

So, so far so good! We'll see if I continue to love this one in the long-term but for now I'm very very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment