Saturday, October 13, 2018

Brandless

This is my first beauty-related empty from brandless.com. Since I don't have any other empties to talk about right now, I thought I would also just talk some about Brandless in general. (Disclaimer: nobody's paying me to do this! Or even giving me freebies.) (NOTE as of 2020: Brandless is apparently out of business. I'm leaving the links, and the website is not completely dead as I'm writing this, but don't expect any of these links to lead to actual products.)
I think this was the first real beauty product that I had bought from them. I like their tissues (which are not regular paper but are instead made of bamboo and sugarcane grass) but I think this is a more recent addition.

I really like Brandless, which has mostly organic/non-GMO etc. products, and everything is $3. And I like this lemon-verbena sugar scrub - I've already reordered it. It's a smaller portion of sugar scrub than many you see, but for $3 it's still a bargain, I think.

(Here's the back, in case you want to read the ingredients or something!)

I also have sulfate-free shampoo from them that I got just lately, and so far I really like it, too. ($3 for 8 ounces of sulfate-free shampoo is really a bargain - at least, everything I've been buying is considerably more than that.) It doesn't smell as wonderful as that rosemary-scented one from L'Oreal, but you can't have everything, I guess!

They have all kinds of stuff. I've bought spices and flour and brown sugar from them. And maple syrup. They came out with knives a few months ago, and my old breadknife (which I've had for, god knows, twenty years or so) was getting dull so I bought a new one from them and it seems to be really good-quality, especially for $3. The only nail-related item I've seen is nail clippers and files, but they seem to be expanding fast, so who knows what they'll come up with next! I did try their hand soap - I bought the cranberry spice one and it smells really good and works fine.

They have free shipping with a $39 purchase, unless they have specials, or there is also a yearly membership that gives you free shipping. It's regularly $36 but they have fairly frequent specials on that, too, so watch out for that if you're interested.

I should mention that prepared food is kind of hit or miss. I've only tried a few things. The popcorn was okay but kind of bland. Rob really liked the blackberry spread. The applesauce just tastes like normal applesauce, but hey, it's organic!

Oh, and the glazed almonds are totally yummy.

Added: I remembered a nail-related thing I've tried, and that was their cotton rounds, which sucked. The layers wouldn't stick together. I don't know if this is an ongoing problem or I just got a bad batch. (I didn't think to ask for a replacement at the time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment