Friday, October 19, 2018

October Boxycharm box

It seems to be my pattern that I get two Boxycharm boxes and then I cancel - at least, I've done it twice now. All these full-size items, all these palettes - it's just too much! I've kept a couple of palettes because I want to start wearing eyeshadow more, but I don't need more. (Although I have to confess that I did buy a Naked Palette on clearance, the other day.)

Anyway, back to Boxycharm - here's what I got:
I don't have a card to go by - either it wasn't in there or I just mislaid it - so I'm not sure of the sizes and values and stuff like I was last month. But here's what I've put together about these items:
  1. I found the PÜR palette on their website - it's $38 (more on that below)
  2. It looks like the "Superhero" mascara is $24 - that's some pretty pricey mascara. (Mascara just makes me cry, though, so I haven't bought any in years. I get them in these boxes and just give them away.)
  3. The lippie is Kat Von D, as you can probably see. I'm just not a fan of matte lipstick, but I also heard that she's been throwing around anti-vaxxing ideas, which makes me very uncomfortable. I've never actually bought any of her products, in any case, although I've had samples before from Sephora. You may can see the color in the picture below, depending on your monitor! (it doesn't show up much on the one I'm looking at now.) I haven't tried it because I intend to give it away anyway, but it doesn't look like a color I'd be remotely interested in, even if it was another formula. It's Bow n Arrow, and the value is $20.
  4. The last two items look more like really premium samples/travel sizes than full-sized items. The Briogeo is only two ounces - it seems to be this leave-in mask  but that's 4 ounces, for $28 - so I guess we can consider this to be worth $14. (I'm not really complaining about the value, but doesn't Boxycharm say that their items are full-size?)
  5. And then the final one is Ahava Mineral Hand Creme, and it's even less of a full size. This item, per the website, is 3.4 oz for $24, but what I got was only 1.3 oz, so well under half. (I've tried it and I do really like it, though, and I never go through hand creme very fast, in any case.)
So as far as the retail value, even if you only value the hand creme at $9 (which is what I got, approximately, when I did the math), that's still over $100 total value.

The palette is called Midnight Masquerade:
As you might guess, the colors in it are fairly bright:
They seem to have a nice consistency. Most of the shadows look glittery in the pan but don't seem to go on looking that way.


Elastic Stretch Mascara? I have no idea.

Added: here's Kathleen's video, for comparison. She got three of the same items - palette, mascara, and the lip stuff in a different color (that I like better than what I got). Both of the items I didn't get are way better than the ones I got - or at least more expensive. Yeah, I know I'm being whiny but I cancelled Ipsy a few years ago over crap like this, and I don't think I'm the only one that thinks it's important that all the boxes be equivalent. I actually like my last two items, both of them, but like I said, I just don't really feel like they're full-size. Plus I would like to have tried out that Farmacy stuff!
(Going by Kathleen's reaction, I might be happy to give the mask a pass, now that I think about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment