Thursday, October 11, 2018

NOTD: Geological Wonder

(NOTE: my cuticles are a mess right now, sorry. Definitely don't look at the large version of these pictures if that's going to bother you!)

Man, I love this polish.
This is Rogue Lacquer Geological Wonder in full early-October sun (which is still pretty powerful, here in Texas). The reason I love this is not because of the holo-ness that you can see here, though - I love it because of the copper flakies, which you can't really see above, or not very well. It shows up better in the picture taken under the fluorescent lights at work:
Also the base color is sort of indistinct here, but it's a dark teal. It looks more green on the nail where in the bottle I read it as more blue. Here's the other hand, in case you can tell more there.

(Also here is my swatch post, for the record.)

In case you like the idea of the copper flakies but you think this is too dark, I ganked a picture from Rogue Lacquer so you can see the other colors. As you can see, this one is the darkest by far.
(I like this so much I'm tempted to get another one!) Added:  I should point out that while I keep referring to the flakies in this as copper, they're actually sort of mixed metals, I think. In the dark base the copper shows up the most. I don't know if that would be true of the lighter colors.

And I'm pretty sure I posted this before but here's Jess' swatches, too:
(Hmm, Jess must have done much thinner coats than I did, her swatch of this doesn't look near as dark.)

No comments:

Post a Comment