Thursday, April 16, 2020

Swatches from Polish 'M

I had not tried the indie brand Polish 'M before I got the big BCA box last fall. And then sometime around January I happened to look at their website, and I noticed that they had a Black Friday duo from last fall marked down on their website (in fact it's still there). I posted a picture of Black Friday Is My Cardio a while back, but I didn't post swatches, and meanwhile I bought another couple of polishes from them that were on clearance as well.

This is the other half of that duo, 1st In Line:
It's described as "a medium grey with pink to lavender duochrome shimmer, metallic teal, orange and raspberry hex glitter, red to orange shifting UCC flakes and scattered silver holo magic flakes." I haven't worn it yet because it feels like a fall polish to me. (Really I bought the duo for the other polish in it, but this is still kinda cool.)

Here is Black Friday Is My Cardio on the left (the upper one of the two blue swatches) and Brave Hearts on the right (the lower blue swatch):
I had a bad minute - before I put these two next to each other - where I thought, man, why did I buy both of these, they are too much alike! But as you can see, they're actually not. Black Friday Is My Cardio is quite a bit lighter and totally packed with, well, stuff: "a winter blue holo with aqua shimmer, metallic teal, purple and magenta micro glitter, blue-purple shifting iridescent glitter and silver galaxy holo glitter." The other one is Brave Hearts, and it's really pretty, too, but in a slightly less showy way. (It's not on the website any more, so I don't have the detailed description for it, unfortunately.) I would call it a really heavy shimmer, offhand. And I love the color.

The other one I got is called Glow By Candlelight:
It seems to have holo and some scattered flakes. I really like this color, too.




4 comments:

  1. These are nice! My least fav is Brave Hearts but the others are amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many brands out there now ... I've not tried this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read! The variety of colors and finishes in Polish 'M' swatches is mesmerizing! 🌈💅 For Ecommerce Website Development Company in Delhi Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Beautifully done. I loved this blog for its topic 'Delicious Color: Swatches from Polish 'M' " terracotta planters

    ReplyDelete