Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The middle ground of BCA polishes

More indies from the Breast Cancer Awareness box - this bunch is the medium pinks - not pastels, which I've already shown, and not coral-leaning and not very dark - those sets are still to come.

So as you can see above, these are Hope from Ethereal Lacquer, Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow from Polish 'M, and Wind Beneath My Wings from Music City.

Hope (Ethereal Lacquer - which is the only one of these three brands I had tried before)
(Again, I'm using Cosmetics Sanctuary's descriptions - which I suspect may have come from the makers of these polishes, since they're quite detailed!) "a dusty rose pink with iridescent chameleon flakes and red to green aurora shimmer" - I haven't worn this one yet, but I intend to because I really like the swatch.

Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow (Polish 'M)
"a deep fuchsia with iridescent shifting flakes, gold flakes, red holographic glitter and a very subtle aqua flash" - again, haven't tried it yet but definitely want to. It almost appears to have some texture to it in person. (I almost decided to try this earlier today before settling on the one below.)

Wind Beneath My Wings (Music City Beauty)
"a magenta creme based scattered holographic with blue fantasy flakes mixed in" - I have this on right now, and "magenta" is exactly the word I would have picked. Under the overhead light in my living room, it looks almost red. But I haven't seen it in daylight yet. The holo & flakes are also not terribly apparent right now, but again, sunlight will presumably help with that.

I just looked at the Music City website and all of their polish names seem to be songs. (I just thought that might interest somebody!)

Here is Wind Beneath My Wings on my nails (not the neatest application I've ever done, sorry!)
I like it - but then darker pinks are totally my thing so I figured I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment