Monday, October 21, 2019

BCA-themed skittles

This is the pale-colors contingent out of my Breast Cancer Awareness month box: Great Lakes Lacquer Never, Ever Give Up Hope, Bee's Knees Third Time Is The Charm, Anchor & Heart What A Wonderful World, and Heather's Hues Think Pink.

I actually have three of these on right now as a skittles manicure, along with a darker one and a more silvery one. I like it. (I thought the Anchor & Heart one was too close in color to the Bee's Knees, so I picked out some other things where I thought the difference would show up more. Although actually I think it's different looking enough that it probably would have been fine, really!)

So let's see, the Colores de Carol that I'm holding in this picture is the one polish that's not in the pictures above. It's called Valiente.
Top to bottom, these polishes are Think Pink, Third Time Is the Charm, Never Ever Give Up Hope, and then Valiente on the pinky. And I put a coat of KL Polish Wishbone under all of them - even my thumb, which was much darker. Wishbone is sort of a pale taupe/tan color. Not that close to white at all but light enough to look fine under stuff like these colors. I'll talk about the color I had on my thumb (and also the one on my pinky) later on, but for the record the thumb was Supernatural Lacquer's Keep Calm and Fight Cancer. It's a nice dark magenta-ish color.

I'll keep using the descriptions from that blog post I linked to last time, because I am not good at figuring out everything that's in a polish like some people seem to be able to do! That post was from Cosmetics Sanctuary.

Great Lakes Lacquer Never, Ever Give Up Hope:
"
"a petal pink linear holographic with a strong gold shimmer that shows slight shifts to blue and green" - it's very pale, so much so that with Wishbone under it, particularly, it read as very neutral, almost as a pale rose-gold rather than pink.

Bee's Knees Third Time Is The Charm:
"a baby pink creme base with red to orange to green shifting aurora shimmer" - this one is what I would call a true baby pink, but it has a noticeable shimmer (even if you can't see it in the picture above!).

Anchor & Heart What A Wonderful World
"a bright coral pink crelly with blue to purple aurora shimmer, and various sizes of glitter in pale mint, white, pink, and teal" - this is the one I didn't put in the skittles mani, because it was too similar to Third Time's The Charm, but since it has noticeable glitter in it, it doesn't really look the same at all.

Heather's Hues Think Pink
"a ballet slipper pink based scattered holographic and a strong iridescent shimmer that shifts from blue to pink to gold" - this one is my favorite of this bunch, although again, I like them all. I think I like it because it reads as slightly purple (maybe that's the blue shift that causes that).

Oh, and these were all new brands to me except Great Lakes Lacquer, which I had bought one polish from previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment