Saturday, April 25, 2020

Candles from Bath & Body Works

I've had an unfinished version of this entry sitting around in draft mode for ages, and this seems like a good time to get it done and out, with practically everybody still sitting around bored at home. You can't go in Bath & Body Works right now, of course but you still can order candles online. (Important notes: Not sponsored. Also, don't buy anything from these guys that's not on sale, unless you just want to burn money - they have sales a lot.)

Now, I'm not a huge fan of sweet-smelling candles, which B&BW sells a ton of - I suspect those are their best-sellers. I like some food scents - I like spicy scents like cinnamon and clove, and I usually like citrus scents. The one below is my example about where the line is, because on something like "cinnamon bun" scents, it tends to depend for me on how overpowering the sugar scent is. The fall candle "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin" is one that could go either way:
In fact, I do like this one and I'm likely to re-buy this scent in the fall. But they also have lots of things that aren't obviously sweet-scented.


Here's more one-wick candles because that's the most recent thing I bought - they were having a one-day sale, a while back. Partly I like having candles around this time of year because we get thunderstorms pretty regularly in the spring - I like to put a candle and matches in every room, because I don't like to be trying to feel my way around in the dark when the power goes out. (And I don't really need 3-wick candles for that particular purpose!)

I really like the patterned wrappers that are on a couple of these.
Eucalyptus Rain fragrance notes: Aromatic Eucalyptus, Spearmint Leaves, Fresh Spring Rain
Turquoise Waters fragrance notes: Coastal Waves, Sparkling Bergamot, Sun-Drenched Musk

Limoncello notes: Sorrento Lemons, Cane Sugar, Lemon Zest
Sun-Washed Citrus notes: Sorrento Lemons, Citron, Agave Nectar


And then below are some more that are currently out of season:

This is a fall one I like, "Leaves":
Notes: Crisp Red Apple, Golden Nectar, Warm Clove Spice
(If you're not familiar with how B&BW works, they tend to rotate the same set of scents seasonally, usually with a ton of different wrappers and labels. I think this particular wrapper is especially pretty because the tiny leaves are cut-outs and so you can see the light flickering through them when it's burning.)

"Fresh Balsam" is my very favorite for winter & the holidays:
There are others I like but this is absolutely #1 for me. This one above was empty when I took this picture, months ago now, and I believe I went though another one before the winter was over. I bought a couple more when B&BW was having their big one-day sale before Christmas. I think this scent is probably a best-seller because I've seen it with many, many different designs.

Another one that seems popular is "Winter":
 Notes: White Woods, Pine Needles, Sparkling Clementine, Spiced Clove

"Cinnamon & Clove Buds" is another of my favorites for the holidays:
Notes: Cinnamon Leaf, Clove Bud, Ground Nutmeg

This is an old picture, but this is my other favorite Christmassy scent, "Tis the Season":

I don't have one of these at home currently, and these aren't on the website right now, so I don't know the notes exactly, but this one totally smells like Christmas, somehow.
Added, the notes for this one, because I ran across them: Rich Red Apple, Sweet Cinnamon, Cedarwood

2 comments:

  1. I love a good candle BUT sadly one of my cats is allergic to them and I love her more <3

    Had to give all mine away when I discovered she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd be buying candles at all if I still had cats. They tend to jump around no matter how inaccessibly you think you've placed something - I'd be afraid they'd set something on fire!

      Delete