The Nail Polish Collection Tag!
(Since I don't do videos, you get text. I'm old-school.)
- How many nail polishes do you own? I have a spreadsheet that's more or less up to date, and it says I have about 900 bottles, including minis. (About 100 of them are minis, I think - and in any case that's less than KM has! But still... that's a lot of nail polish.)
- What was the first nail polish you remember buying? A Revlon bright pink, don't remember the name any more. This was in the 70s, when even fuchsia was still considered a little racy, and I was 12 or so, so I thought I was being very daring.
- What is the most recent nail polish you added to your collection? At the time I first wrote this last week, it was two polishes from Olive Ave's new summer collection, Herbology and Fey. However, I've now gotten a couple of I Scream polishes in the mail, so for now, they're actually the newest. (There's a picture of Herbology below. I'll try to get some more posts up about all this stuff!)
- What is your least favorite nail polish that you own? I've said it before and I'm sticking with it, OPI Decades of Shades. Total baby-poop brown. (Some people love it, so I'm thinking it's one of those warm vs. cool colors thing. I'm very much a cool-tone person, so you warms may have better luck with it!)
- What is your rarest nail polish? I have Hard Candy Sky, which is the one that Alicia Silverstone made famous years and years ago. It's supposedly very HTF so I imagine that one would be the winner. I've thought of trying to sell it, but I like having it even if I don't ever wear it! Also I don't have the cheap plastic rings any more that came with the old Hard Candy colors, so I imagine that would hurt its resale value.
- What is your most expensive nail polish? If we go by what I actually paid for it, probably a Lynnderella that I paid maybe $22 for some years ago. Most of the time I won't pay those kind of prices, though. I have a couple of designer polishes that I didn't pay full price (or anything) for - some Marc Jacobs that I bought on sale, a YSL that my sister gave me, etc. Some of those might have a higher value than the Lynnderella, I'm not sure!
- What brand do you own the most of? Zoya, no question - I think I have about 100. (I do love Zoya, but also they have really good sales, which is why I have so many.)
- What color do you own the most of? Either pink or purple, I've never really bothered to figure it out. I am super-partial to those berry colors that are right on the border between pink and purple, anyway, so it's often hard to figure out which is which!
- Which nail polish in your collection means the most to you? I get very attached to fall polishes, for some reason (maybe just because fall means the hot Texas summer is over!) - Xtreme Wear Pumpkin Spice - which is long discontinued - is one that I am pretty sentimental about, although there are some others, too. (see below for a picture)
- What is your go-to nail polish right now? I have only been changing my polish once a week, lately, and I haven't been repeating myself much. I've been on a pink tear, though, so let's say anything pink, especially bright pink (but some pale ones, too). -- I've worn more pink this year than I have in years. Not sure why, exactly.
Re question 3: here's Herbology (not particularly well-cleaned-up, sorry!) over another Olive Ave green, Aster:
(I don't really think you're seeing the full awesomeness here. I really love it.)
And here's Kelli: