Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Dancer is the Best Reindeer"

I'm gonna have to check that title before I post, because I didn't even really look at the name on the bottle again since I first bought this. It might be Prancer, not Dancer, but "Dancer Is the Best Reindeer" is what the name is, in my head. (And I googled and I was in fact correct.) Anyway, this nail polish is definitely from Wet n Wild's Fast Dry line, and I bought it a month or so ago at either the grocery store or at Walgreen's - I've already forgotten which - because I thought it looked like something I would really like. And boy, I do. I'm a little bit in love, actually.

I put it on last night before I went to bed, and this morning I rolled over in bed and took an iPhone picture, because the light was streaming in and I thought that might be the best picture I was likely to get without going outside (so bear in mind that this has not been cleaned up at ALL):
...but it's enough for you to get the idea, anyway. Purple glitter with some blue mixed in. It's so thick I wasn't even entirely sure what color its base was, but I'm guessing looking at my cuticles that it's clear. It seemed like the kind of thing that would benefit from a dark undercoat, so I picked up something inky - I think it was OPI "Who are you wearing?" - see below for more on that. (ADDED: I forgot to say, and it was late and I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think this is 3 coats of the glitter. With top coat.)

Here's some other people's swatches, found on my google search:
A polished life
Allura
(The first of those went the same basic way I went, and put a black underneath. The other one has swatches with no undercoat, and I think from that that I definitely did the right thing!)

And in case you don't know what "Who Are You Wearing?" looks like - I honestly couldn't remember - or tell - last night if it was a blue or a purple but I didn't really care at the time either: here you go. (They call it a blurple in this link - I hate that word but it is useful). I'mna have to remember to wear it more often, in any case; it's pretty.

4 comments:

  1. Blurple bothered me once upon a time--as did mani, and blog, etc.--but I don't even flinch a tiny bit when I hear/read/use it now.

    And now I am trying to remember if I have this one. I would check my spreadsheet, but I haven't kept it up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blurple is like blog in that it's just sort of awkward, and not, um, euphonic, I guess! (I complain about blog, still, but I use it all the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Also, I have Essie Midnight Cami, which is one of the "blurples" compared in that link, and I would not call it blurple at all. It's just a really dark blue. Nothing red-leaning in it that I can see!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 👌 Great read! Loved exploring the charm of the 'Dancer' reindeer. 🦌 Such a delightful tribute to an often underrated character For Ecommerce Website Development Company in Delhi Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com/

    ReplyDelete